About Sarah, in brief:
With two Masters in Psychology, a Master of Divinity, a Doctor of Ministry, and two decades of Unitarian Universalist parish and community ministry, I have dedicated my full focus to providing spiritual direction since 2016. My personal understanding of spiritual growth draws from Eastern religious traditions, earth-based spirituality, and Western psychology. I work primarily with spiritual leaders who themselves hold a diversity of theological views.
Life in Ministry:
In the mid-90's, while in a Joint Ph.D Program in Personality Psychology and Women's Studies, I felt the call to Unitarian Universalist (UU) ministry. I left Ann Arbor ABD in 1998 to attend seminary in Berkeley, CA. Since then I have served as a parish minister, as a community minister working with homeless and at-risk youth, and as the Endowment Director at the UU Ministers Association (UUMA). Since 2016, I have provided spiritual director as my fulltime ministry. I also offer spiritual direction supervision to spiritual directors.
Volunteer Service to Unitarian Universalism:
I have served as the president of the Pacific Central Chapter of the UUMA and six years on the Board of Starr King School for the Ministry. I served on the Collegial Development Committee of the UUMA and on the UUMA "Where Leads Our Call?" leadership team, as well as on the UUA Capital Campaign Committee and on the UUA President's Circle.
* Doctor of Ministry from Pacific School of Religion, Berkeley.
* Master of Divinity from Starr King School for the Ministry, Berkeley.
* Masters of Psychology from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
* Masters of Psychological Studies from the California Institute of Integral Studies
* Certification as a Depth Hypnosis Practitioner from the Foundation of the Sacred Stream
* Certification in Spiritual Direction from Cherry Hill Seminary
* Spiritual Direction Supervision Training from Spiritual Directors International
* Training in trauma-informed spiritual direction from Spiritual Directors International